Bitwise Asset Management, a provider of crypto index funds, says its assets under management (AUM) have now passed the $500 million mark â€“ up from $100 million reported in late October.
- The company said Monday that its Bitwise Bitcoin Fund and Bitwise Ethereum Fund have seen increased demand in the fourth quarter of 2020 from financial advisors, hedge funds, and institutional investors.
- But the Bitwise 10 Crypto Index Fund â€“ aimed to track a basket of ten top crypto assets â€“ saw the strongest demand, recently crossing overÂ $400MÂ in AUM, the firm said.
- “The speed at which professional investors are moving into crypto right now is remarkable,” said Hunter Horsley, co-founder and CEO of Bitwise.
- The period since October has also seen prices across cryptocurrencies rise sharply, helping to boost the AUM total.
- Still, Bitwise said its funds had seen record inflows during Q4 2020, “surpassing the total cumulative inflows of 2018 and 2019 combined.”
Read more: Bitwise Liquidates XRP Position in Crypto Index Fund Following SEC Suit Against Ripple